From Athens: Follow the signs for Corinth and exit the Athens-Corinth Motorway immediately after crossing the bridge over the Corinth Canal. Keep in the right-hand lane, pass underneath the Motorway, and then turn left onto the Corinth-Epidaurus B-road in the direction of Epidaurus. Follow the signs for the Epidaurus Ancient Theatre; in about an hour, having passed Nea Epidavros and Palea Epidavros, you arrive at the Lygourio crossroads; turn left here for the Sanctuary of Asklepios.From Nafplion: Drive through Lygourio town and head for the archaeological site of the Sanctuary of Asklepios.
Please note that the following are not permitted:
- Entry into the theatre after the start of a performance, except during an interval.
- The attendance of children under the age of six.
- Smoking, and the consumption of food and drink inside the theatre.
- The use of mobile phones during performances.
- Entry into the theatre in high heels.
- Photography, with or without flash, and sound or video recording during a performance.
- The tipping of staff.
Please note that discarded food and drink – and especially chewing gum – can damage this historical monument irreparably. As you leave, therefore, be sure to put all litter and rubbish in the waste baskets provided.