From Athens: Follow the signs for Corinth and exit the Athens-Corinth Motorway immediately after crossing the bridge over the Corinth Canal. Keep in the right-hand lane, pass underneath the Motorway, and then turn left onto the Corinth-Epidaurus B-road in the direction of Epidaurus. Follow the signs for the Epidaurus Ancient Theatre; in about an hour, having passed Nea Epidavros and Palea Epidavros, you arrive at the Lygourio crossroads; turn left here for the Sanctuary of Asklepios.From Nafplion: Drive through Lygourio town and head for the archaeological site of the Sanctuary of Asklepios.
Please note that the following are not permitted:
- Entry into the theatre after the start of a performance, except during an interval.
- The attendance of children under the age of six.
- Smoking, and the consumption of food and drink inside the theatre.
- The use of mobile phones during performances.
- Entry into the theatre in high heels.
- Photography, with or without flash, and sound or video recording during a performance.
- The tipping of staff.
Please note that discarded food and drink – and especially chewing gum – can damage this historical monument irreparably. As you leave, therefore, be sure to put all litter and rubbish in the waste baskets provided.
History of the venue
The construction and history of the theatre
Brief archaeological timeline
Epidaurus Theatre and Festival