FIVE-DAY WORKSHOP BY IVA HORVAT
“HOW TO INTERNATIONALIZE YOUR PROJECT: MARKETS AND STRATEGIES IN PERFORMING ARTS”
4 – 8 June 2018
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The goal of this workshop is to develop a personalized strategic plan for each project, in relation to its internationalization and its projection on the specific market. It is an individual and collective study of the particular project and includes development of possible strategies for it.
The workshop focuses on the following issues:
· Study the project and define the importance of its presence on specific international market.
· Development of long term strategy with the artist and the project.
· Analysis of the environments in different countries of the world. Mapping of festivals and visibility spots for the project.
· Application of methods and tools to put in practice a strategy in specific space and time.
· Communication: How? When? And what for?
· Values and principles to elaborate a profile in an environment.
· Creativity in forming new and unique methods and forms of work, for self-defining as professional. Microproducing yourself.
ELLABORATE A PERSONALIZED STRATEGIC PLAN, SPEEDDATING, 1:1, are some of the exercises that we will put in practice with artists and producers. These exercises will help to develop the strategy in relation Project Market and will provide self confidence in communication with others.
By sharing information on the functioning of different environments, and through comprehension and assimilation of the tools, we put in practice methods of work.
70% of the workshop is praxis, elaboration of the strategy of the proper project, communication with the others and presentation of your project to a group of professionals.
SUBJECTS OF THE WORKSHOP
· STRATEGIES FOR DISTRIBUTION OF PERFORMING ARTS
· PROJECT AND ITS PROJECTION
· MARKETS AND VISIBILITY POINTS
· TO CREATE A STRATEGY/PERSONALIZED PLAN
· CREATIVITY/ CAPACITY FOR CHANGE-MUTATION
· PROFILE OF COMMUNICATOR
ABOUT IVA HORVAT
Iva is university professor of Kinesiology, dancer, choreographer and stage director in dance and theatre. Founder of Agente129, management office for distribution of performing arts from Barcelona, in which she collaborated with diverse artists during 4 years in internationalization of their projects.
In 2017 she founds, together with Elise Garriga, agency for strategies and mobility in performing arts “ART REPUBLIC”. Mentor and professor in management and distribution. Part of the team of Creative Producing in Grand Theatre Groningen, NL. Gives classes and workshops related to international sales and distribution in different countries in Europe, Asia and Americas, “How to internationalise your project”.
Dates: 4 – 8 June
Hours: 11:00 – 15:00
Venue: Athens School of Fine Arts, 256 Peiraios Str
Total cost of participation (5 days): 80 €
The workshop is directed to ARTISTS, PRODUCERS, MANAGERS AND PEOPLE RELATED TO PERFORMING ARTS SECTOR and will be held in English.
Those interested can send their CVs (in English) at email@example.com
Deadline for submitting applications: 20 May
Limited number of participants