Terms & Conditions
HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The present website and its content are the intellectual property of HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. and falls under the Law 2121/1993, as defined by international copyright and intellectual property laws, incorporated in the national law of Greece.
The HELLENIC Festival S.A. is the sole proprietor and legal content manager of the present website.
Website visitors and users should be aware that any files or data found on the website may be the intellectual property of third parties (institutions and artists collaborating with or otherwise affiliated with the Festival) and may not be used without the express and written permission of said institutions and artists.
Defined as “content” are, without exception, all texts, images, photographs, designs, graphics, videos, applications, logos, brands, business names, trademarks and other similar features found on the website.
Before browsing through the HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. website and making use of its services, visitors and users should first read and accept the terms and conditions, which apply for all content found on the website, including all pages, graphics, images, photographs, and files. Visitors who do not agree with the terms and conditions should refrain from visiting the website and making use of its services.
Website visitors and users should adhere to Greek, European, and international telecommunication laws and refrain from any illegal and unfair uses of the website’s content. Unfair competition practices and practices violating NETIQUETTE (etiquette of Internet users) are expressly prohibited.
Website visitors and users accept responsibility for any damage caused by their potentially unfair or improper use of the website’s services. The HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. holds no responsibility for any damage whatsoever inflicted on visitors or users with regards to their use of the website’s services. Visitors and users are responsible for their personal use of the website’s services and are aware of the website’s terms and conditions.
Sale, amendment, storage, reproduction, uploading, downloading, republication, sharing, distribution or redistribution, publication, execution, development, translation, and mirroring of the website, entirely or in parts, are strictly prohibited for all uses (non-profit or otherwise), except for visitors’ and users’ private use.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. does its best to ensure that the content found on the website is as accurate as possible. Nevertheless, visitors and users are recommended to regularly check the website for possible changes.
The HELLENIC Festival S.A. does not guarantee and is, therefore, not responsible for the content of other websites to which it may lead through hyperlinks or advertising banners, as well for the potentially false or fragmentary information found on any such websites. In no case is the Festival website responsible for other websites’ content.
REGISTRATION – SUBSCRIPTION
Website visitors and users who wish to be provided with an e-mail service should submit an application form with their personal information. Subscribers regularly receive newsletters, press releases etc. However, subscribers have no access to the copyrights of the material they receive. In case of illegal/unfair use, the HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. retains the right to discontinue subscriptions.
Any personal information submitted by website visitors and users is managed and protected, as defined by the Greek law (2472/1997, 207/1998, 79/2000 and 2819/2000) and the European law (95/46/EC and 97/66/EC).
Personal information will not be disclosed to third parties, with the exception of legal authorities in certain cases, as specified by law. The HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. retains an archive of personal information exclusively for reasons of communication, statistics, and future improvement of its provided services. Website users and visitors retain the right, at any given moment, to contact the relevant Festival department and ask for their personal information to be removed, corrected, or otherwise revised.
Minors have access to the HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. website, presumably with the consent of their parents/legal guardians. Minors are not obligated to provide their personal information.
The HELLENIC FESTIVAL A.E. receives and stores users’ personal data exclusively with website services in mind, in service of website visitors. Personal data is stored in strict accordance with current law provisions. Personal data is received by the credit/bank institutions through which users purchase tickets. To access their right as asserted by the law 2472/1997, users can contact the HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. at +30 210 32 72 000 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICABLE LAW AND OTHER TERMS
The present terms and conditions bind the HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. and the website users. No revisions apply unless expressly written and incorporated in the present text.
The HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. retains the right to revise, add, withdraw, or abbreviate any information on the website, in order to accommodate the needs of its visitors and users.
In case of a disagreement, the applicable law is the Greek law. The Athens Courts are the competent courts.
TERMS OF PURCHASE
Terms of ticket purchase are complementary to the website’s Terms and Conditions. Tickets purchased for specific HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. performances allow purchasers to attend said performances and are subject to any extra terms that may appear on the ticket.
TERMS OF TICKETING COMPANY (VIVA)
TRANSACTION SECURITY – LIMITATION OF LIABILITY (HELLENIC FESTIVAL)
The HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. has taken the best measures possible to ensure website users’ security and all online services. More specifically, the HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. has taken all recommended measures to protect the website from viruses, illegal and/or unauthorized uses, and any unauthorized ticket sales and hyperlinks. It cannot, however, guarantee that the website enjoys a presence that is continuous and free of errors. The HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. will do its best to make sure that the information provided on the website is as complete and accurate as possible, without however being able to guarantee that this is always the case. Website users must acknowledge that the Festival programme as published on the website is subject to change for reasons unrelated to the Festival, for example, in the case of artists’ illness or other difficulties. In no case is the HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. responsible for any damages whatsoever inflicted on users during their visit on the website and their use of its services.
TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Each purchased ticket grants admission to one person only and is valid exclusively for the date, performance and seat number for which it has been issued. If these requirements are not met, ticket owners cannot be admitted to the performance.
All tickets are strictly personal and non-transferable.
Upper tier seats are also numbered as of this year. Each chosen seat is final.
The following restrictions apply:
– Audience members cannot be admitted to the venue after the start of the performance.
– Ticket refunding is not allowed.
– Smoking, eating and drinking in all performance venues is not allowed.
– Taking pictures, with or without the use of flash, and recording (audiotaping or videotaping) during the performance are not allowed.
– Admission to children under the age of six is not allowed.
– Tipping is not allowed.
– Visitors are not allowed to wear shoes which may potentially damage historically significant venues (pointed heels are expressly prohibited at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus and the Little Theatre of Ancient Epidaurus)
Requirements for admission to the performance venues:
– Visitors must display their ticket (in electronic or digital form) upon admission.
– Visitors with concessions are required to display their ID card upon admission.
– Mobile phones must be turned off during the performance.
Audiences are strongly advised to be there on time, to make sure they are admitted to the venue in a safe, orderly and speedy manner.
There will be no interval in any of the performance for safety reasons.
Cancelling purchased tickets is not allowed. Tickets can be changed for HELLENIC FESTIVAL productions, though.
If a performance is postponed due to a strike, state prohibition, technical reasons, adverse weather etc., the HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. retains the right to re-schedule the performance, moving it to a new date, hour and performance venue.
If a performance is cancelled, all tickets are refunded within a reasonable amount of time. Refund locations are announced by the HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A.
In all such cases, only the nominal value/price of the ticket is refunded. Any extra charges per ticket, which cover the ticketing services provided by VIVA, are not refunded.
No refunding is provided if a performance is interrupted halfway through due to adverse weather conditions.
Official ticket sale locations of the HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. are: its box offices; phone centre; the VIVA official website and its collaborating natural networks. In light of that, HELLENIC FESTIVAL S.A. and VIVA bear no responsibility for any tickets purchased beyond the aforementioned avenues, the accuracy and validity of which cannot be guaranteed. Purchasers must be held liable for any tickets purchased through resales outside of the official sales network.
BOX OFFICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Opening hours of HELLENIC FESTIVAL ticket offices:
- Main box office, Panepistimiou 39, Monday to Friday 10:00-16:00 and Saturday 10:00-15:00
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus box office Monday to Sunday 10:00-14:00 and on performance days 18:00-21:00
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus box office Monday to Thursday 10:00-14:00 and on performance days (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays) 10:30-21:00
- Up to 2 persons are admitted to ticket offices at a time. Audiences are strongly advised to adhere to individual hygiene measures.
- Concessions are available exclusively at the HELLENIC FESTIVAL box offices (and not at the ticket selling points of VIVA) until all available concessions are purchased. Furthermore, concessions can be obtained online through the email email@example.com, attaching all required documents per concession category (65+: ID photocopy, students: student ID photocopy, unemployed: updated unemployment documents, artist unions: updated professional ID photocopy, art schools: school ID photocopy), as well as full contact details. Concessions are available in limited numbers and are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact Monday to Friday 10:00-16:00. The HELLENIC FESTIVAL has adopted all appropriate technical and organisational measures in regard to the safety and protection of data, adhering to the legislation about private data, according to the General Penal Code, the Greek legislation, and the Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy.
- Upon purchasing tickets, audiences are required to accept the terms of a consent form.